Pages

7.10.10

Over food

I bared (bore?) my soul to my mentor over food today. I told him my dreams, my aspirations, my resolve to attain my goals. He seemed pretty receptive, but who knows. He could've been thinking, "Who does this girl think she is? She should just keep stuffing her mouth and stop talking."

Been thinking of how food plays such a prominent role in not just our general every day lives, but more importantly in our social lives. It's always an opportunity to break bread with someone, get to know a person better, talk business and strategies, catch up with old friends, spend time with family, kindle a romance.

Thank you, food.

---

In other news, life is making me grow up, fast. There's a small part of me that's oh so gut-wrenchingly exhausted of all these things going on in my life and my family's life. But I see the picture. Yeah, I see it, God. Just need to get things done, little by little. Chya! It's business time, baby! BRING IT. And then dance with me.


---
Song of the day: Arizona (Pedro the Lion)

No comments: