Pages

25.10.10

Compassion, How I Love Thee

Today, I hit the "New Post" option on my blog thinking I'd just virtually cry on about my work woes and dramatically declare that I'm running away to Barcelona. But when the blank sheet of pixels opened up and when my fingers hit the keyboard, the first word I typed was compassion. That's what my brain automatically focused on in this time of suckerdom. Throughout this trying time of my life, I've been very fortunate to stand at the receiving end of beautiful compassion. My beautiful friends, acquaintences, coworkers have given me support in many ways that I never even asked for. And I'm so entirely grateful for that. If it wasn't for the selfless love I've experienced the past couple days, I'd probably be rolled up in a deformed ball under my desk, spitting some scary incoherent gibberish about how my computer is going to eat me alive. Thank you, friends. Thank you, Life!

---
On another note, but not entirely off topic...
When you hit an extreme, personal beliefs do really accentuate themselves. Like how a flower's scent becomes stronger when it experiences a storm. Have you ever noticed that? I recommend you try it. Walk by a bush of flowers during or right after a rain storm. I would suggest the latter.
---
Quote of the day: :Life is all about ass... you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it. - Peter Griffin
 
Thank you, MK, for sending me this! It made me laugh out loud this morning. Means a lot that you made the choice and time to send it. :)

No comments: